Sunday, November 04, 2007

Nice Jugs!

For those of you who don’t know, we recently spent about a week touring around England and Wales with Peter and Jo (Shelley’s Mum and Dad). We rented a car, and drove in a vague direction towards Wales (past Slough and Swindon for Office devotees), stopping whenever we saw something nice. Fortunately this place is packed enough with interesting things to make that approach viable.

This is a B&B we stayed at in an anonymous little town in Wales (or at least a view of the town itself). I think the town was called Llwwddfyrddin; it has a nice river running near it with jumping salmon in the right season. That’s not important though. What is important is that the lady who runs the B&B has really nice jugs (see below).





She spent about a decade collecting them all, but then apparently had nowhere to store them, so hung them all on the rafters. At least that’s all I can make of it. People, this is what can happen when you get jug greedy. Be careful, it starts with, “Oooh, that’s a nice jug, I’ll have that”. Then it’s another, and another, until all you can think of is jugs. It’s sad to say, but we missed the opportunity to say the obvious line (a week passed before I realised). If there was one place in the world where you could, with a clear conscience, say to a lady, ‘Nice jugs!’ then this was it. And we missed it. I almost want to run back there and pop my head in – ‘And one more thing – you have nice jugs!’ It’s probably for the best.

We had an exceptionally nice meal in a pub down the road from the B&B. The hostess there was really friendly and chatted with us for a while, about travel, Australia, and how humans have a recessive gene that makes us want to fly like butterflies. According to Deepak Chopra (slightly radical author) the same gene that makes butterflies emerge from their cocoons and fly away is also present in humans. Now Dan knows why he tried to parachute off the garage roof with only a large plastic bag when he was five. Now if only we could pinpoint the gene that prompted Aaron and me to let him.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boobs! Ha HA!

bitingmidge said...

A wonderous village indeed, and so full of wonderous people. We didn't get to see the elephant guarding the Hindu hamlet nearby, and I don't recall an elephant jug either, but I do wish I'd taken a pic of that Railway Stories book.

P

Sweet Olive Press | Helen said...

I'm still laughing at the garage roof story. I think it's usually called the mean gene.

bitingmidge said...

This is the third time I have read this entry and I am still laugh out loud each time I read it. Jo

bitingmidge said...

that should read: laughing - that will teach me for changing my mind half way through a thought. Jo