Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Well, we're back...

Well, we're back (I copied and pasted that from the title to save time) from our continental escapade.

I am ruing the fact that we didn't blog as we went, seeing as now we have such a treasure-trove of rich, insightful, beguiling experiences that I don't even know where to begin. Also, it seems in our absence we inadvertently left a hole in market for www.azzadazza.blogspot.com to take advantage. This next few weeks is probably going to be a mad scrap for market share, so brace yourselves.

Perhaps we'll have to give the travel story piece by little piece. Starting with the most mundane, because I have to eat breakfast. My last memorable travel experience involved sitting at Ljubljana airport, and seeing an otherwise sensible-looking woman (perhaps 55), wearing otherwise sensible clothes (camel-coloured trousers and jacket), except for one florally-scripted t-shirt reading: "Yo! Lay me, dood!" Now, I don't know if the Slovenes think this is some quasi-sexy-sophisticated excerpt from the english language, much in the same way we regard 'Voulez-vous coucher avec moi', but...someday I hope that t-shirt and understanding meet in a dark alley.

Anyway, I'll try to think of some more rivetting and insightful travel experiences over the next couple of days. So long.

p.s. - we did have a very good trip by the way.

1 comment:

Sweet Olive Press | Helen said...

"but...someday I hope that t-shirt and understanding meet in a dark alley."

heh heh heh...