Sunday, October 19, 2008

Classic Gag!

Aaron and Sue arrived last night, and instead of resting, we decided to go out and meet our friend Sophia for dinner at a Kensington pub. Sophia had given us a call on the train a little earlier to check where we were up to, and I told her we were just a couple of minutes away. Fine, she said, I'll meet you outside Earls Court Station. Fine, I said.

So we got there, a few minutes later than expected, and I saw Sophia waiting at the entrance to the station looking out onto the street. She hadn't seen me yet, so I decided to do that classic Stand-Really-Close-To-Someone-Until-They-Notice-You gag. I often find that's the perfect way to start an evening, and it worked like a charm this time too, because Aaron was standing on the other side of her making it ultra-uncomfortable. The only thing that spoiled it was that Sophia hadn't arrived yet, and this particular girl didn't see the funny side of the gag.

4 comments:

Sweet Olive Press | Helen said...

That is *almost* as awesome as the time Aaron mimicked his client's crazy accent on the phone, without putting her on hold first.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I was about to write that I got a giggle from your train station gag, until I fully burst out laughing at Helen's comment!! hee hee, nice work :)

Anonymous said...

I just laughed so loud reading this. I'm so proud to be related to the two of you.

Anonymous said...

I just laughed so loud reading this. I'm so proud to be related to the two of you.